How do I upgrade my Mac OS X 10.4.11?

Reaction score
I have an old mac ibook os x 10.4.11, and I need to upgrade the os but i have no idea where to start. I bought Snow Leopard, but i can't install since my computer's OS is from the dark ages.... any advice would be greatly appreciated!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have an old mac ibook os x 10.4.11, and I need to upgrade the os but i have no idea where to start. I bought Snow Leopard, but i can't install since my computer's OS is from the dark ages.... any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Snow Leopard will not run on an iBook. The best you can do is OS 10.5 Leopard. Install disks can be found on e-Bay. Black colored disks (not gray)...will cost you $80-$100.

If that's too much $$$...then you're stuck with OS 10.4.11.;)

- Nick

Reaction score
I've tried running 10.5 on an iBook. Even with ram maxed out, it ran like a pig. If you really need a newer OS, you will need a newer Mac to put it on.

I am in the same boat, running a PowerBook G4. Currently working on refurbishing a MacBook Pro someone let go cheap 'cause they messed up the screen.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thank you for the info, I was totally confused as to what to do--and it's clear now... get a newer mac lol!!!

:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.