Ken

Reaction score
Mid 2007 IMac Snow Leopard 10.6.8 with the operating system on one partition and files on another. 50 + gigs available on the operating system partition. On boot up I get a blue screen then a grey screen with the flashing question mark. Booting from the Snow leopard install DVD I get to the installation program up to where to install the operating system then the installer cannot seem to find a valid disk to install Leopard on. The screen remains blank, and cannot continue. Is this a sign of a dead hard drive? there are no grinding sounds and an hour before I was watching Two and A half Men which I I had recorded with Elgato EyeTV Hybrid. After that I had the spinning beach ball, did a hard boot and after that, the blinking question mark. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Boot from the DVD as you have been but rather than trying a reinstall open Disk Utility from the Menu Bar and run verify/repair disk

OP
K
Reaction score
I tried that, no harddrive there either

I tried that, no hard drive there either, just the dvd

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.