Trojan Horse

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
We have a MacBook that bogs down to the point of utter frustration. Apple checked it out and nothing seems to be wrong with any of the systems. Verizon tested our dsl and it works as advertised. It seems as though, when checking email, the status bar shows 60 to 700 emails coming or going, which we don't see because our computer seems to be a conduit. How best to combat this, and protect from happening in future?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
when checking email, the status bar shows 60 to 700 emails coming or going, which we don't see because our computer seems to be a conduit.

I don't think you've come to a correct conclusion.
What email service are you using?
How much hard drive free space do you have?
Which Macbook? Which OS X version?
What other troubleshooting did you/Apple do?
Have you tried repairing your hard drive? Try one of the three methods listed here:
Resolve startup issues and perform disk maintenance with Disk Utility and fsck

OP
T
Reaction score
MacBook 4,1
Available: 106.03 GB Capacity: 159.7
2.4 GHz Processor
Apple hooked it up, ran a test, then pushed *N about 100 times and told me to get out. No joke. Said it was fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
What email server/service? Do you access through a web browser or use Mac Mail app?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
By chance are you using Gmail IMAP?

OP
T
Reaction score
Using both Mac/ME and Gmail. Partitioned between my wife and myself. Also have an old Yahoo account which is still active but have yet to find how to delete the son of a gun, they don't make it easy for the layman. What is IMAP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Does the problem remain if you don't start Mac Mail?

How many email accounts do you have in Mac Mail?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.