Recording a video

Reaction score
I want to use my iMac with OS 10.6.8 to take a video. I thought I would be able to use Photobooth to do it but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it. Photobooth is version 3.0.3. Is it too old to have that capability?

OP
G
Reaction score
I reopened Photobooth and then the film icon was there and I was able to record a video. Now I have gone back to Photobooth and the film icon is gone. I don't understand how to get it back.

C

chas_m

I reopened Photobooth and then the film icon was there and I was able to record a video. Now I have gone back to Photobooth and the film icon is gone. I don't understand how to get it back.

There's a set of three buttons on the left hand side:

The first button (left to right) is for a "film strip" aka photobooth effect of four pictures taken in quick succession. The middle button is for taking regular pictures. The right button is for changing from pictures to video (thus the "film" icon).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.