• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Value of 1984 apple IIc?

Reaction score
I came across an Apple IIc everything working and original with all papers and manuals, carrying case, printer and unopened ink. I was just cur ious of the value. Thanks in advance for your comments

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
With all the papers and manuals, and totally original condition, I'd estimate around $100 max on Ebay.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
That's a bummer. I thought it would be worth little more than that.

Value is in the eye of the beholder. Put it on eBay and see what it brings. You may end up pleasantly surprised.

I think it's neat you have one in pristine condition . . . But I already have WAY too much stuff around the house.

OP
K
Reaction score
Well, i can't decide if i would sell it. My friend wants to trade me an unlocked iphone 4 for it but if it is only worth 100 i may tell him he can have it back

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, i can't decide if i would sell it. My friend wants to trade me an unlocked iphone 4 for it but if it is only worth 100 i may tell him he can have it back

Unless you are a collector you are probably better off with the iPhone.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I came across an Apple IIc everything working and original with all papers and manuals, carrying case, printer and unopened ink. I was just cur ious of the value. Thanks in advance for your comments

In "computer world"...just because it's old...doesn't mean it's valuable. In fact...in many many many cases..."old" in computer world usually means it's not worth much at all.

Here's an e-Bay auction that ends soon:

$61.50 with 1 hour 45 min to go:
Apple IIc + Monitor + Stand + Mouse and More - Tested | eBay

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Looks like the Apple IIc I linked from e-Bay sold for $102.50...so "MacDude121's" earlier estimate was pretty darn accurate!:)

- Nick

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Looks like the Apple IIc I linked from e-Bay sold for $102.50...so "MacDude121's" earlier estimate was pretty darn accurate!:)

- Nick

He was probably the buyer . . . some people will do anything to be proven right! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
He was probably the buyer . . . some people will do anything to be proven right! ;)

Haha! No, believe me, I have MUCH better things to spend $100 on than a computer from the 1980's. ;D

Reaction score
Apple IIc

I am interested to buy your apple IIc depending on the condition If you still have it.

C

chas_m

As a collector piece you may get more than $100 for it, particularly if any paperwork bears signatures of Apple people who went on to be famous (Hertzfeld, Jobs, Woz, etc). It would have to be in really pristine condition however, but perhaps a museum would want it.

Collectors would be the only people who would be seriously interested in it, however, so while it's probably worth posting as an experiment I would definitely take the unlocked iPhone 4.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.