Yahoo trojan or virus or something else?

Reaction score
The window below pops up several times an hour. The one time that I entered a password a spam email was immediately sent to all of my friends. I ran a program called ClamXav but that didn't help. How can I determine where this is on my system and remove it?

screenshot20120226at951.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
I didn't see your image - looks like I have to sign up for it.

I think your Yahoo email account has been hijacked. This has nothing to do with your Mac. Yahoo mail is a webmail service (I think - I don't use yahoo mail) - so your addressbook is there on Yahoo.

You should either - close the Yahoo account and get a new one, or, change the Yahoo password to a long, secure one.

OP
D
Reaction score

I'll try again to include the image. I just really want this box asking for my yahoo email password to stop popping up all the time. After the initial spam email went out, I changed my email password and haven't had any more spam issues, but this pop up won't leave me alone.

screenshot20120226at951.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.