Trying to upgrade from 10.5.8 to 10.6.x

Reaction score
Trying to help a family member...she has a Macbook with 10.5.8 and trying upgrade to 10.6.x. When she goes to the "software update" it tells her everything is up to date. She doesn't have the app store either (strange, I know). But when trying to download the app store, it tells me that she has to upgrade to 10.6-vicious circle and frustrating. can anyone help, please?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Trying to help a family member...she has a Macbook with 10.5.8 and trying upgrade to 10.6.x. When she goes to the "software update" it tells her everything is up to date. She doesn't have the app store either (strange, I know). But when trying to download the app store, it tells me that she has to upgrade to 10.6-vicious circle and frustrating. can anyone help, please?
10.6 is a purchased upgrade, not a software update, Link below. Make sure the Mac meets the minimum hardware requirements before purchasing. Cost is $29 USD.

Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple Store (U.S.)

Additional info
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os...49-what-os-disk-do-i-need-brief-overview.html

Ryn

Reaction score
upgrade

I know i am late to this... but where can i purchase the upgrade to snow-leopard? It is not available at the mac store any longer. I am currently operating on the 10.5.8 and want to upgrade.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try auction sites such as eBay but make sure you only purchase a full retail install DVD. Silver grey system discs will only work with the computer they came with. Make sure your computer meets the requirements, such as being an Intel model and not an older G5 PowerPC or such.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Our understanding is that Apple will take your order for Snow Leopard over the phone by calling their customer service number. It's no longer available in stores or from the on line store. The price is still $29.99 plus some shipping and local tax. They also have the boxed version which includes iLife and iWork but that's $129.00.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.