Macbook Pro Bootcamp Question OS X 10.6.8

Reaction score
Will this CD ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Microsoft windows Media center edition 2005 with update rollup 2,will i be able to Install windows xp installation for bootcamp on my macbook pro?

Is it a straight forward installation, do i need an external HD for extracting etc?

I have found a video Windows MCE 2005 on Intel Mac mini with Boot Camp - YouTube that used a mac mini to boot MCE 2005 but unsure if its this disc version and how the person installed it.Need confirmation if its possible to install windows for bootcamp.

Currently on a Mac OS X Version 10.6.8
2.2GHz Intelcore i7
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It may or may not work. It looks like that disk is a Dell OEM disk for system builder's according to its description. The other note is that the Windows XP media edition is not supported for use in Boot Camp.

OP
C
Reaction score

It may or may not work. It looks like that disk is a Dell OEM disk for system builder's according to its description. The other note is that the Windows XP media edition is not supported for use in Boot Camp.

Alright thank you very much for the heads up,will purchase a retail disc when i save enough money.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.