Garmin Map on iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 2.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, OS X Mavericks, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch Gen 3, Apple TV Gen 2.
I don't know if anyone can help me with this but I figured it never hurts to ask.

I recently updated my Garmin on my iMac and it seemed to go well. I saved the new map to my Mac and then used MapInstall to put it on my GPS. Everything seemed to go OK.

What I'd like to know is where was the new map saved on my iMac? Also, do I need to keep it on my Mac once my GPS has been updated.

Thanks for any information on this. I had a look at the Garmin Forum but got no help there at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini Server 4,1 (2.66GHz Core2Duo CPU, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD), iPhone SE 2nd gen (128GB)
Just try searching for "Garmin" - and any other associated keywords you can think of - in Spotlight and then check in any folders in the results...

OP
Bundy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 2.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, OS X Mavericks, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch Gen 3, Apple TV Gen 2.
Thanks for the reply but no luck with that.

I wonder if the maps are saved in the MapInstall App. I'm just guessing but so far no luck finding anything. I know when I use BaseCamp, it accesses the new map as well but from where I don't know. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.