Bad Gaming Performance in Macbook Pro 15" Early 2011

Reaction score
I a few months ago purchased a Macbook Pro 15" version early 2011. I trying a few fairly old games but performance sucks. For example a 2009 game Bioshock (an original genuine copy of Mac version) even in lowest graphics does not run smoothly, lags time to time and makes the notebook heat like ****.

Do you think guys, there's something wrong with my computer or is this normal for macbook?..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core i7 2.0 GHz, 4GB RAM
Re: gaming performance

I think there may be something wrong with your computer, as i have no problem running games like wow, nfs most wanted and civ 5 on the 15''. I have the lower end 2.0i7 model. I also have windows installed and am playing COD-mw3, bf3 and swtor, they're running pretty well...bf3 was barely playable though...their low settings looks high enough..I think I finished crysis 2 and saints row the third without any problems, but with the medium settings...

Why dont you try playing a full hd movie and see if the video lags? If it does then send it back to apple for maintenance,..

regards

Reaction score
Question on the GPU drivers. I have always installed the latest drivers manually on a PC, do the GPU drivers on a MacBook update themselves via the updater?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Graphic card upgrades are part of Apple's system software updates.

Any AV software or MacKeeper or such installed? Plenty of free space on the hard drive?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Full specs on the MBP would help too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.