My New (Mac) Mini Tower

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
Arrived today in the mail...!!! I spent over $70 on my Mini Tower but I think it's pretty tight :thumbsup:

hpim02238jf.jpg

HPIM0229.jpg

OP
i-VTEC
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
I will...!!! Just looking for some Zip Ties :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Awsome case, ive only seen it in pictures, ill have to buy one for my mac mini!

N

nichols_david

Looks good, but personally I dont see the point of it. The MacMini was designed to be small and seat just below next to the screen.

D

djmitch

nichols_david said:
Looks good, but personally I dont see the point of it. The MacMini was designed to be small and seat just below next to the screen.
The Tower allows you to place your Mini vertically without concern about it tipping so easily and if it does, to reduce the chance of any damage to the Mini.

I bought my tower a few months ago for the reason that I didn't want to accidentally scratch the cheap plastic top on the Mini or drop a book on it and damage the optical drive since at the time it was resting below a bookshelf.

A warning though to Canadian buyers: I got nailed an extra $35 CDN by UPS for choosing to have it shipped it to my door, but maybe this is because the supplier was in the U.S. When you order it, be sure to choose the option to have it go through Canada Post and NOT through courier!! Although I was upset about this extra hidden cost, I don't regret in any way buying the Mini Tower. It looks cool, too!

OP
i-VTEC
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
djmitch said:
The Tower allows you to place your Mini vertically without concern about it tipping so easily and if it does, to reduce the chance of any damage to the Mini.

I bought my tower a few months ago for the reason that I didn't want to accidentally scratch the cheap plastic top on the Mini or drop a book on it and damage the optical drive since at the time it was resting below a bookshelf.

A warning though to Canadian buyers: I got nailed an extra $35 CDN by UPS for choosing to have it shipped it to my door, but maybe this is because the supplier was in the U.S. When you order it, be sure to choose the option to have it go through Canada Post and NOT through courier!! Although I was upset about this extra hidden cost, I don't regret in any way buying the Mini Tower. It looks cool, too!

Exactyly! I have some ****** :D over ClubRSX saying the Mini was design...yada, yada, yada

Where did you order your Mini Tower from? I sent an e-mail to PlasticSmith and ask them is I can avoid using UPS because my first order in the U.S. I got nailed/their "fees" actually cost more than my oder...?!?! I was told to request it shipped using USPS...I only paid like $10 in COD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
nichols_david said:

Also that kind of setup helps immeasurably if you have any kind of liquid spill on your desk. Yes, I know you're not supposed to have drinks on your desk with your sensitive computer equipment, but practical life often dictates otherwise.

My Mini almost bit the dust when an entire glass of Cabernet Savignion spilled onto my desk, and it was all I could do to get to the Mini to elevate it with one hand and attempt to shut it down with the other so I could quickly turn it off, yank the cables and get it out of its space to save it from additional liquid/inspect for damage. Fortunately I was fast enough to get the Mini off the desk with no damage, but my wireless keyboard took the big hit (which I was able to clean out/dry up and it still works.) I now have my Mini elevated above the desk surface with chopsticks, but a tower setup like that one would keep it out of liquid death as well.

S

sandals1621

That Looks Good

Personally I have mine sitting flat with the LCD sitting right on it, the Base of my 15" NEC is almost exactly the same size as the mini

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.