MBP Slow Boot Up Time after LCD replacement

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" MBP 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5 4GB RAM
ei fellas i need your help.

Just recently, I noticed some dead pixels in my screen so i sent my macbook pro (early 2011 model / OSX 10.6.8) for repairs to a local certified apple repair shop here in the Philippines. Luckily it's still covered by applecare care till march 2012 so they took it in and replaced my LCD (the entire clamshell!) for free. After 3 days i finally got my MBP back yesterday.

When i got it back yesterday. I fired it up and was greeted with this screen...

6928749083_a0228e91b8.jpg

... it took a hefty 5 - 10 minutes to boot up and the tech explained that it's normal due to software / firmware updates that may be running due my LCD replacement.

So i took my MBP home and opened it again. But i was greeted again by the said screen. I checked my software up dates and everything seems to be updated. I tried restarting my MBP again but the same screen and 5-10 minute boot up still happens...

any advice, what i can do without bring it back to the shop again not unless it's necessary? TIA

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
The first thing I would try may not work but won't take long. Once the machine has booted open System Preferences and go to the "Startup Disk pane. Click on your hard drive to make sure it is selected then restart the machine.

If it is still slow rebooting I would try running Disk Utility to verify the drive and see if there are any errors If so let Disk Utility repair them. You may need to boot from the Recovery partition (Lion) ir OS X DVD (Snow Leopard) to perform the repairs.

Reaction score
What you are seeing is the Safe Mode Boot.
It should not be doing that.
Take it back and have then fix it properly this time.

OP
johndope83
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The first thing I would try may not work but won't take long. Once the machine has booted open System Preferences and go to the "Startup Disk pane. Click on your hard drive to make sure it is selected then restart the machine.

If it is still slow rebooting I would try running Disk Utility to verify the drive and see if there are any errors If so let Disk Utility repair them. You may need to boot from the Recovery partition (Lion) ir OS X DVD (Snow Leopard) to perform the repairs.

I ran Disk Utility and Verify my Star Up Disk... It said this...

6928917461_0b8b487c24.jpg

I'm not quite familiar how to do this by my own but i'd like to learn how to any advice how i can do this by my own? TIA

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
OP
johndope83
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@ Slydude - thanks for the help! did a boot up using installation disk then tried to ran disk utility but i couldn't repair it. got a "Incorrect number of thread records" and "The volume Macintosh HD was found corrupt and needs to be repaired" message. i erased my HD and restored using time machine... looks like it solved the problem...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.