album art question

Reaction score
Hi there, ive got a nano on order atm.

Was just wondering how you get the album art into itunes and then onto the ipod?

Does the album art come off the cd when ripping the cd into itunes? and then automatically with the music when put onto the ipod?

Any info on this would be great

Cheers in advance,

Edward

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
any songs you do not buy from the itunes music store you have to add the album artwork, go to itunes, click the song, go to get info, and you'll see a place where yuou can drag album art form the internet or something...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini (1G)/ 1.42 GHz PPC / 512MB Crucial RAM / 80 GB HDD / 160GB LaCie mini
A Google Image search should do you fine for drag-and-drops ;)

Reaction score
try a program called clutter. you will find it on version tracker. a great little program to pull artwork from amazon.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Here's a great site to get the Album Art directly from iTMS. To use it you go to the music store, find the album you want to copy the art from, right click and choose copy URL.

Then go to this site paste the URL and you can get the artwork. I find it to be much better quality than using another program or using Google:
http://tpemble.urfbownd.net/itunes/itunes-art.php

J

JTM

There is a widget on Apple.com that will look up the album art (from Amazon) of the current song you are playing and then apply it to the appropriate songs in your library. Works great - no drag and drop, no pasting.

~j

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 1.5gb RAM, 40gb HDD
JTM said:
There is a widget on Apple.com that will look up the album art (from Amazon) of the current song you are playing and then apply it to the appropriate songs in your library. Works great - no drag and drop, no pasting.

~j

Where can I find this widget? It sounds really neat!

If this doesn't pan out, is there any easier way to put the artwork on all the songs at one time? It seems non-apple to make it this non-intuitive. I hate copying and pasting 13 times for the same album.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
munch said:
I hate copying and pasting 13 times for the same album.
then all you have to do is select all of the tracks, do a "get info" and then you only have to paste it once.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 1.5gb RAM, 40gb HDD
D3v1L80Y said:
then all you have to do is select all of the tracks, do a "get info" and then you only have to paste it once.

and I'm in an idiot. thanks a lot!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.