Denied something that won't let me connect to wireless network

Reaction score
I started my computer yesterday and dialog boxed popped up asking me if I wanted to allow or deny something. I didn't read it and just selected deny. Every since then I haven't been able to connect to any network wirelessly. I still don't have any issues connecting through ethernet, and have tried to reset my modem and router. I have also tried to delete the network and re-add it, manually assign an IP address, delete a couple of com.apple files in the preferences folder, turned off the firewall, and accept all incoming connections in the firewall options, and install / update my Mac and airport all to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

C

chas_m

You say you "turned off the firewall" I assume you mean the software firewall in OS X that shouldn't have been on in the first place? Was the "lock" icon opened when you did that -- if it wasn't, then the change didn't "take."

Leave the software firewall OFF as it is by default.

OP
V
Reaction score
Yes the lock was open and I double checked it by closing he window and opening it back up. Any ideas as to what it could be?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.