Intel HD 3000 and VMWARE?

Reaction score
Was going to start using VMWARE fusion to run windows on my MBA but upon doing a little bit of research there seem to be some issues with the card not coping well with windows via bootcamp or VMWARE.

Can someone out a bit ore meat on the bone with regards to what problems/limitations there are?

Thanks.

Reaction score
I use Fusion to run Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and Mint 12 on a late 2011 MBP without problem using either the Intel or AMD graphics. Mainly the Intel 3000

Not sure where you heard that but I wouldn't put much faith in it. All virtual machine programs install there own graphic system that then addresses the video card in the computer. The VM OS really never sees the actual hardware graphics card that is installed in the system. That is why they call it a Virtual Machine. Everything is virtual and the VM software addresses the physical hardware in the computer.

OP
N
Reaction score
I think issues were that the drivers in bootcamp don't really work that well.

Reaction score
I think issues were that the drivers in bootcamp don't really work that well.

Ah Boot Camp is not a Virtual Machine. Boot Camp is a separate partition that Windows is installed to.

You can migrate (not the correct term) a BC Windows partition into a Fusion virtual machine but then it is a virtual machine and not booting to Windows on a boot camp partition.

You do know that you don't need to use boot camp to have Windows installed in a Fusion virtual machine?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.