Apple exec touts more affordable G5s

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Source: MacMinute.com

Apple exec touts more affordable G5s
November 19, 2003 - 10:43 EST Following yesterday's release of the dual processor 1.8GHz Power Mac G5 (US$2,499), an Apple executive discussed the price drops on the other G5 models. "No. 1, we've lowered the entry-level price point for a Power Mac G5," said Tom Boger, Apple's director of Power Mac product marketing. "We know there are lots of users out there that have Blue and White, Graphite models, Quicksilver Power Macs, and this makes a G5 even more affordable. The second thing is, we are now offering dual-G5 performance at a better price. That's driven by our customers telling us they love dual-processor performance. Customers are telling us loud and clear that they crave that." Apple cut the price of its entry-level 1.6GHz G5 to $1,799 (previously $1,999), while the discontinued single processor 1.8GHz model -- which is no longer available from the online Apple Store -- dropped to $2,099 (previously $2,399).

My Comments: If I liked desktop models.. I would definitely be looking into this!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.