Stubborn speaker!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro, 2.66 GHz Intel Core, Mac OS X Lion NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 2 Duo,
Note: Verizon iPhone 4 32GB iOS 5.0.1
Note: iPhone has been exposed to water. slipped into a gutter few months ago.

I know this is a problem due to the exposure to water. My question isn't really what caused the problem but what I can replace to fix it.

The speaker doesn't work when I play music, games, use keyboard, all those kinda sounds. But if I get a call it will ring. If I set my alarm, the alarm will go off.

If i receive a text while using the phone it doesn't sound. but if the phone has reached standby mode and I receive a text than I hear the sound.

After searching several forums it was thought to be a block in the headphone jack so I check it out. it wasn't, i even replaced the battery (another issue) and the headphone jack.

Ive only put 40 bucks into the phone so far another 20 for a new speaker enclosure isn't an issue for me if its going to correct my problem.

Everything else on this phone works great as if never exposed to water.. .

Any suggestions, corrections, solutions!?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: Came across this article.
http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/...er+for+'most'+apps+like+Music,+Pandora,+Games

could all this really be because of the dock connector?

UPDATE/UPDATE:
Turns out it was. After removing the speaker housing I noticed all the buildup from the corrosion. so I cleaned it up, installed it. Works like it was never dropped in a water filled gutter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.