iGoogle - mac-mail issue?

Reaction score
Hi there

Thoroughly sick of Net-vibes repeatedly failing to display my mac-mail account (and often my yahoo mail too), I thought I'd switch over to iGoogle....

I've been struggling to find out how on earth mac-mail can be made to display on iGoogle at all....

Have tried loading mac-mail directly onto iGoogle (for which there doesn't seem to be an option ANYWHERE), I've tried forwarding my mac-mail through my google-mail account - same issue. I'm completely stumped!

Any thoughts

(simple language for simple guy please)

wired

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OSX 10.7.3: MBP 15" Early 2011 2.0GHz i7, 8GB, 500GB 5400RPM
Hi,

Try this:
Go to your iGoogle page and go to the iGoogle settings.
Select Add More Gadgets, search for Gmail, and then add it to your page.
When you look at your iGoogle page you should now see your Gmail Inbox, hopefully so far so good.:)
Now you need to leave iGoogle for a moment and go to the normal Gmail page.
Go to Settings.
Select the Account and Import Tab.
Add the mail account(s) you want to view.

OP
W
Reaction score
cool - thanks for that... i think it was working, but took ages to load, so i cancelled

what i'm really after is mac-mail appearing in its own section of the homepage as opposed to being forwarded into g-mail

it does not seem possible - is that what others are finding?

wired

OP
W
Reaction score
OK - it seems like this is stuck.... can anyone suggest any alternative to net-vibes or iGoogle that will display mac-mail + g-mail and a few others (news headlines, etc)?

Ta

wired

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.