Just bought Imac 27" struggling with a few settings

Reaction score
Ive just bought a 27" Imac , its dual booted to run on either OS or Windows , to be honest I will rarely use windows but its always there if I need it , when I switch on it automatically runs Windows in which I have to press the alt key and restart to have the option to run Mac os , is there anything I can adjust so that when I switch on it will run Mac os from the start.

Another thing is im struggling to use all of the full screen on Safari , ive tried using the different display resolutions but its still not spread across the full screen , what will I need to adjust so all the screen is used

Thanks
Gary

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Can't answer your dual-boot question since I didn't have that setup..I do, however, have a 27" iMac and you want to run it at the default 2560x1440 resolution. To get into the full screen mode, instead of hitting the normal maximize button, you can hit the two arrows running opposite on the right side in Safari..

It's the small icon on the right in the image below.

mac-os-x-lion-safari.jpg

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks mate just done it , the writing is now very small how do I increase the size

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You can't really increase the overall size within OS X, but you can increase the text size in each application. In Safari, you can use CMD and the + key to increase, CMD and the - key to decrease the text size..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
click the apple in the top left corner then system preferences under startup disk change to osx and then click apply.

you can also do it in windows in control panel and change the startup disk to whatever you want windows by default or mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go into System Preferences > Startup Disk and you can restart BootCamp from there. When in Windows, in the bottom bar there is an icon for Bluetooth, BootCamp etc Control Panels. Select BootCamp and restart in OS X.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.