Monitor my Mac, How?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

another question :)
I need a monitor app, record everything happens when I am away from Mac

is there any monitor app for mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
To record what exactly?
A constant video stream? Audio? Keystrokes? Clicks? URLs? Document history? ..........

A little more information of what you want to do, why, the model of your mac and your OS version will all help you get an answer

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Check the logs. Use the console application. See this article and guide. LINK

OP
M
Reaction score
To record what exactly?
A constant video stream? Audio? Keystrokes? Clicks? URLs? Document history? ..........

A little more information of what you want to do, why, the model of your mac and your OS version will all help you get an answer

I want it to record what happened in my Mac when I'm far away from him :)
take screenshots, record keystrokes and clicks..

I have MBP 15", Snow Leopard 10.6.6

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
There are many different solutions you can use to monitor your Mac when you're away from it. The best option will vary depending on what your goal is. Can you tell us a bit about why you're trying to monitor it and what you think might be happening when you're away?

OP
M
Reaction score
There are many different solutions you can use to monitor your Mac when you're away from it. The best option will vary depending on what your goal is. Can you tell us a bit about why you're trying to monitor it and what you think might be happening when you're away?

I have a lot of important and private files, so I can't allow anyone to see them..
In addition, I care about what happening in my Mac, I care about what people do in my Mac. I care about who see this file or that,
pleas help me :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have a lot of important and private files, so I can't allow anyone to see them..
In addition, I care about what happening in my Mac, I care about what people do in my Mac. I care about who see this file or that,

If the Mac belongs to you, then I would just recommend setting up a "guest" account with limited rights for the others that use it. Then, set a password on your own account. If you're really concerned with others seeing your files, enable FileVault to lock those files down and encrypt them.

In this manner, you can securely lock down your files and control who does what on your Mac. Then you needn't worry about monitoring it at all.

Now, if your intent is to eavesdrop on someone else, we won't be able to help with that.

OP
M
Reaction score
If the Mac belongs to you, then I would just recommend setting up a "guest" account with limited rights for the others that use it. Then, set a password on your own account. If you're really concerned with others seeing your files, enable FileVault to lock those files down and encrypt them.

In this manner, you can securely lock down your files and control who does what on your Mac. Then you needn't worry about monitoring it at all.

Now, if your intent is to eavesdrop on someone else, we won't be able to help with that.

I swear I don't need to eavesdrop on anyone, I SWEAR !!
I just need an app for what I told you

!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)

To satisfy this, as cwa107 says, just have a secure password on your account and create a guest account. This way your files will be safe.

Or create an account with parental controls to limit what can be done in it.

Alternatively don't have any other accounts accept yours so your Mac cannot be used by anyone except you.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I see that you're using a MBP. If you're this concerned about people using your Mac, don't leave it with people you don't trust. The best means of protecting your machine is to have it with you at all times.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You were asked for the reason for the monitoring and people gave their time to give you a solution that satisfied your concerns.
It may not have been the solution you wanted but it's the solution for the reasons you gave.

I think that should you require spying software for other reasons it may well be worth looking elsewhere I'm afraid.

Air

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
Post..........BEGONE!!! Thanks for the bad rep!!!
Srsly People, "Begging for rep......LAME"- Unidentified

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.