My mac is acting weird! Help!

Reaction score
Hello! i have a macbook pro 10.6.8 and i have noticed that it has been acting a little weird.
So first of all my Skype stopped working. When i try to click on the icon this message comes up : Skype quit unexpectedly Click to open the application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.
I tried to reinstall it but it didn't work.
Then when i was surfing on the internet the other day i couldn't watch youtube videos for like 5 min. And when the video came up i got an error and it said something like this (i don't remember so much) :Error 505 show this codes to some very trained monkeys and they will be able to help you. I thought it was a little funny but then i got worried. Maybe it could be a virus? And today when i wanted to log in to my Facebook i couldn't. It said that they were working on the problem. Please help me!

Reaction score
Hello! i have a macbook pro 10.6.8 and i have noticed that it has been acting a little weird.
So first of all my Skype stopped working. When i try to click on the icon this message comes up : Skype quit unexpectedly Click to open the application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.
I tried to reinstall it but it didn't work.
Then when i was surfing on the internet the other day i couldn't watch youtube videos for like 5 min. And when the video came up i got an error and it said something like this (i don't remember so much) :Error 505 show this codes to some very trained monkeys and they will be able to help you. I thought it was a little funny but then i got worried. Maybe it could be a virus? And today when i wanted to log in to my Facebook i couldn't. It said that they were working on the problem. Please help me!

You are probably fine. That message about the monkeys just means that something went wrong on the youtube site. They put that up trying to be funny.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Try repairing permissions.

Open Disk Utility, located at /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
Select your startup disk on the left of the Disk Utility window
Select First Aid from the tabs
Click the "Repair Disk Permissions" button

HTH

Cheers

EDIT Log out then back in

OP
C
Reaction score
thanks man , but it didn't really help :S i guess i have to re-install the computer to get skype working again.

Reaction score
heyy :)

so weirdly im having the exact same problems as you are on my mac!! im kinda actually freaking out coz it kinda feels as though someone is taking over my laptop -.- lol
anywho .. so my skype quit unexpectedly at first, n then after that i just started to notice weird things around my laptop .. n i also had the same problem with youtube n facebook!! n im not sure if you had the same problem .. but i also have this whole weird coding thing going on as well -_- so anyway .. i was just wondering if you found a way to fixing your laptop, coz im kinda freaking out here n would love if you could help me out :D hope everything worked for you tho :) thanks for your help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro
Think apple needs to pay attention to the new click fraud attacks on all browsers and Google getting into security blocks in Safari, both need Apple's immediate attention. Reboot from disc to repair if possible, if not contact Apple, the more we complain the quicker they'll do a revision for our own security.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hey Hosnazizii! I had exactly the same problems as you! (the weird coding things and more)
My mac is fixed now. I do not know for sure what it is but im guessing it's maybe a trojan or something. Because something blocked Skype so it could't place the files on the disc. I fixed my mac by re-installing it.
I think that it's the only solution. I wish i could help you without you having to re-install it but im sorry, i can't.
I hope that you maybe find another way to fix it! And if you re-install it and that all works correctly again, don't start downloading stuff from illegal websites like piratebay :) Cheers! /Creamy

Reaction score
Having a similar problem, but My 2011 Macbook Air (Lion 10.7.)
is opening MAIL windows AND Yahoo search pages and auto-entering HUGE text files that look like spam emails WHEN I'm not EVEN IN THE ROOM.

I walk in and it's opened yahoo (I don't have a yahoo account - my girlfriend has checked her account on my machine 2 times?) and it's done a yahoo search all by itself.
The text looks like this:
" Work is presented as a tomorrow he is a you are will will laugh him. As is a you go online if you are him and him and him and him you and him are you him and him and him or her you are a you are for me. Me me me me me me him him him him "

What in the world is this and how has it made it onto my Air. 20 years on Mac, and I've never seen such a thing.
ideas?
thanks, Wellsn

Reaction score
Same problem

My Macbook Air with OS 10.7.3 is doing something similar. Safari windows with searches on either Yahoo or Bing as well as Mail messages composed themselves with the same strand of drivel.

After this happened in Safari I first cleared my Safari cookies. Then I installed Intego Virus Barrier which found some malware which it then repaired. After that the is when the Mail composition window popped up with the same drivel as on the search.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Still acting weird! Same thing!

My Macbook Air with OS 10.7.3 is doing something similar. Safari windows with searches on either Yahoo or Bing as well as Mail messages composed themselves with the same strand of drivel.

After this happened in Safari I first cleared my Safari cookies. Then I installed Intego Virus Barrier which found some malware which it then repaired. After that the is when the Mail composition window popped up with the same drivel as on the search.

Any suggestions?

I'm still have this exact same issue, BigRedButton, and no matter how many times i check disk permissions or reboot or "zap my pram" the random search comes up in MAIL. even still coming up in Bing and Yahoo. rarely google any longer.

Anyone? someone, please, can you offer any help? 20 years on Macs and I've never had this much trouble with something that wreaks of virus.

Reaction score
EXACT same problem.

can't decide if it's really a problem in that it's just sort of annoying but would love to identify the process that's running it. I suppose that it would be somewhere in the activity monitor.;)

Reaction score
found the problem!

thanks to Macman and one other from the last post for this.
It all started after installing DRAGON EXPRESS.
As soon as I turned of dragon it stopped happening.
Thank you!
now what?
Wellsn:Cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.