I Hate Panther!

R

rjotama84

This new OS is HORRIBLE. My keychain is all messed up, and the new 10.3.1 update is supposed to fix that, but when I downloaded that the Disk Utility won't mount it right, says mounting failed, and the installer freezes up. Now I have no way of changing anything. I tried software update to install it that way, but that freezes up too. I already re-installed the thing about 3 or 4 times hoping it would clear up somehow, but all these problems keep on coming. Can someone just send me a link to a place where I can get the Installer for 10.3.1. Not the .dmg file, the actual package for installing the software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
are you running panther on a beige or something?? I have no idea what your problem is..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
delete the OSX.3.1 update .pkg under /Library/Receipts

then download the update here . i couldnt find any .pkg installers, but that should work.

OP
M

malt

MacAddikt said:
delete the OSX.3.1 update .pkg under /Library/Receipts

then download the update here . i couldnt find any .pkg installers, but that should work.

Hi, I'm not attempting to derail this thread, but I freeze my G4/450 constantly, so I reinstalled, and skipped installing the 10.3.1 update, now all of my freezing is "supposedly" gone. Is there some issue apple won't admit to about 10.3.1?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.