Fuji viewer software.

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to Mac use & trying to download photos from my Fuji 4000 camera. Unfortunately I forgot to load the software onto my MacBook before leaving & am having problems finding the full viewer software online to download.....there are only updates on the Fuji website....can anybody help as running out of space on my camera for more photos.

Thanks

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Hi,

I am new to Mac use & trying to download photos from my Fuji 4000 camera. Unfortunately I forgot to load the software onto my MacBook before leaving & am having problems finding the full viewer software online to download.....there are only updates on the Fuji website....can anybody help as running out of space on my camera for more photos.

Thanks
If you have a newer Mac Laptop you probably have a card reader built in. If not, one of these is all you need.

Amazon.com: Sandisk MicroMate SD / SDHC Memory Card Reader (Static Pack, New, SDDR-113): Electronics

Pull the SD card from your camera and use Image Capture or iPhoto to do the transfer.

OP
B
Reaction score
I have a card reader & my MacBook ( older type @ 2 years old) does not recognise the card or reader.....I have all the cables to connect my camera via USB to my Mac, I just need the software to download the photos

Thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I have a card reader & my MacBook ( older type @ 2 years old) does not recognise the card or reader.....I have all the cables to connect my camera via USB to my Mac, I just need the software to download the photos

Thx

Hi just to add to Razormac's sound advice you don't need the Fuji software.

If you have iPhoto then open it and go Preferences>General>Connecting Camera opens> and choose either iPhoto or Image Capture. Quit the app then connect your camera with it's lead and the chosen app will automatically open.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD

Thx

If you have an old card reader (I used to have one that read like 8 different card formats) it may not work with the newer SDHC cards (mine didn't). Other than that I have no idea why your Mac should fail to recognise the card and card reader.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.