Can I dual boot my new Macbook Pro with Microsoft XP professional -if so how?

Reaction score
I recently purchased the new macbook pro 13." I really like it, however I have run into a frustrating problem. I had hoped to dual boot it with Microsoft so I could run a few old Microsoft games and programs. I called Apple support and they helped me successfully partition my drive and go through the bootcamp process. I even was able to load XP fine. The problem is I can't find the right driver pack. I bought a legal "Microsoft Windows XP professional Service Pack 3" CD on e bay for a couple bucks. I've talked to Apple support and they said I'de have to buy the new Window 7 if i wanted to dual boot. I was for sure the newest mac would be able to handle anything an older one could. I'm already scrapping the barrel buying the new macbook pro and really don't want to spend more $$ on a fancy new Microsoft system with bells and whistles I don't want nor will use. I can't download the right driver for XP because once I boot up in XP I lose my internet connection will not work. (both wireless and cable). For what it is worth I also have my old snow leopard operating cd. I'm still pretty new to the Apple world. Could any of you Mac...Pros help me out?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You should have checked first. Your new MBP and the newer Mac machines from late 2010 and all 2011 models can only run Windows 7. Drivers for XP and Vista are non-existent. Sorry, but it looks like you wasted money on XP Pro. Perhaps you can sell it on eBay if you have not activated it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.