Messages Beta

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17 2.8 GHz Intel OS 10.7.3 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Core 2 Duo
I downloaded Messages Beta on my computer and tried to install it. I keep getting this message: The server encountered an error processing registration. Please try again later.

Is anyone else having this problem? I updated my OS. I have downloaded and installed 3-4 different times and I keep getting the same message.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2011 15" MBP, OSx 10.8.4, Ipad 64g (2012), Iphone 4S, Ipod Nano
I was getting the same error, it evetually registered and I have been using it for a few days now, of course it is a beta and it has BUGS. I know this doesnt help just FYI.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What version of OSX are you running? I had no issues with 10.7.3 Lion.

Reaction score
I was going to start a new thread but I may as well continue this one. How is everyone finding Messages Beta? I use iMessage a lot on my iPhone so I'm definitely interested in this. I read that to ensure delivery between all of your devices that you need to set your caller ID on your iPhone (or iPad etc) as your iCloud email as opposed to the default, your mobile number. Will this affect how my friends send me messages or will they still send to my 'number' and I'll receive that also? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2011 15" MBP, OSx 10.8.4, Ipad 64g (2012), Iphone 4S, Ipod Nano
The beta is on the apple web site under OS X Mountain Lion sneak peek Message Beta

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.