macbook pro trackpad issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15" i7 2.2 8GB ram late 2011, Ipod touch 4g 8GB,Ipad 2 16GB
For the past three weeks my 2 month old macbook pro 15" has developed an really annoying issue. When i place my finger over the pad it makes a click its not a selective click.
I was wondering if someone could give me advice on how to fix it as i dont have a apple store close by. i have recorded it if anyone is confused about the issue thanks

macbook pro trackpad issue - YouTube

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2011 2.4GHZ 4GB Ram 500GB HD
go to system preferences then trackpad and then uncheck "tap to click" That should resolve the problem

Reaction score
There is no way for a user to fix this. It seems the Glass plate, yes the top of the trackpad is Glass, has come loose from what normally holds it in place and is just enough smaller then the area it fit into to cause it to move around making those clicking sounds.

Apple is the only one that can fix it.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15" i7 2.2 8GB ram late 2011, Ipod touch 4g 8GB,Ipad 2 16GB
go to system preferences then trackpad and then uncheck "tap to click" That should resolve the problem

You miss understand, the issue is when i place my finger on my track pad it clicks but its not the selective click it comes and goes. From 10 seconds to 27 is were the problem is the more audible click is a selective click.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Take it back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.