My New Macbook Pro

Reaction score
After years of PC laptops, I purchased an IPad when they first came out. Then was ready to get the MacBook Air when it first came out. It was going to be my extra laptop. But then my 17inch Windows HP starting giving me problems only after a year of ownership. This was only my 3rd PC laptop in 5 years. 1 Sony and 2 HP. So then i thought...my Ipad is still good to go, so then I started going to the Mac store and playing with The Air, Macbook and Macbook Pros. Having fun and just loving it. The thing that was preventing me from immediate purchase was the $2000 pricetag. I now have had it about 3 weeks and dont know how I avoided it sooo long. Especially love the finger swipes, i know that came with lion but still I am happy. My specs are MBP 15, i7 quad processors, 3000 shared graphics and 6750 graphics card, 750 hard drive, the 8x drive and the rest are similar. oh also ilife 11.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I am happy to hear that you are loving your new Mac. How much ram do you have in it?

OP
D
Reaction score
I have 4GB of ram. Its plenty fast with the Quad core. But want to upgrade to the SSD drives for the hard drive. But have to rebuild my fun money. This baby took a lot of cash but it was well worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
You will get more bang for your buck increasing the RAM first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I would go for the ram and then the Ssd. My MacBook pro boots in 8-9 seconds with SSD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid '11 iMac 21.5", iPad 4 w/Retina Display 16GB, 13.3" MacBook Pro (Late '11) 500 GB HD, 2.4 GHz
After years of PC laptops, I purchased an IPad when they first came out. Then was ready to get the MacBook Air when it first came out. It was going to be my extra laptop. But then my 17inch Windows HP starting giving me problems only after a year of ownership. This was only my 3rd PC laptop in 5 years. 1 Sony and 2 HP. So then i thought...my Ipad is still good to go, so then I started going to the Mac store and playing with The Air, Macbook and Macbook Pros. Having fun and just loving it. The thing that was preventing me from immediate purchase was the $2000 pricetag. I now have had it about 3 weeks and dont know how I avoided it sooo long. Especially love the finger swipes, i know that came with lion but still I am happy. My specs are MBP 15, i7 quad processors, 3000 shared graphics and 6750 graphics card, 750 hard drive, the 8x drive and the rest are similar. oh also ilife 11.:D

Congrats on your new Macbook Pro. I just bought mine yesterday and I know how you feel. Before I purchased it, I was going to get another Windows based PC to replace my aging Compaq Presario and I thought some of the problems I was having was based on the particular laptop I had but its just Windows (Vista) and all of the other crap that goes along with owning a Windows PC. It didn't matter what brand I bought, eventually I'd have to worry about dealing with the bloatware, malware, spyware, viruses, etc. This isn't to say that the Macbook isn't prone to it, it's just far less likely. Enjoy your new pruchase and again, congratulations.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum glad to read you are happy with new Mac. I also after years of being a Windows PC user, and still am. I bought a Mac Pro notebook for getting items off it and on to my iPad2.
I really do like my Mac Pro but I find somethings I still can do better for me on my PCs.
I have a bunch of software I use on my PC that just is not made for a Mac. or is there a Mac product that can be found. And having to buy a lot of new software just for the Mac did not thrill me.
I do feel the quality of build is better in a Mac then most PCs, and I am looking forward to the up coming new OS Mountain Lion. Hope it will be a real leap forward for Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in MacBook Pro 2.8ghz i7 8gb ram, iphone 3gs 16gb, iphone 4 32gb, iphone 4s 32gb, Apple tv 3rd gen
Nice to hear! i just made the with to mac also i was always using windows based computers,3 weeks i bought my MacBook pro and now i will never go back!

Enjoy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.