Got my first Mac :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" Intel i5 4GB RAM. Intel P4 w/ HT @ 3.0GHz 4GB RAM Debian GNU/Linux
I just bought a MacBook Pro base model 13 inch. I love it :D

I've got my favorite music player (Banshee) installed and everything works amazingly. I'm having some slight issues with configuring my NFS mounts but hopefully I can figure it out. Also, can I use an NFS mount for Time Machine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini Server 4,1 (2.66GHz Core2Duo CPU, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD), iPhone SE 2nd gen (128GB)
can I use an NFS mount for Time Machine?
A question about using networked drives for Time Machine back-ups was recently asked here.

You'll find a lot of your questions have probably been asked - and answered - before; always try a search before posting a new thread, it saves you - and the rest of us - a lot of time!

Good luck resolving your issue, enjoy your Mac and your time here on Mac-Forums :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid '11 iMac 21.5", iPad 4 w/Retina Display 16GB, 13.3" MacBook Pro (Late '11) 500 GB HD, 2.4 GHz
Congrats on your new purchase from one new Macbook Pro owner to another.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" Intel i5 4GB RAM. Intel P4 w/ HT @ 3.0GHz 4GB RAM Debian GNU/Linux
I'm still having issues with my NFS server. I even had a senior representative from enterprise tech support try to help me with no luck. Basically I've tried connecting via Finder. From the "Go" menu. However, I receive an error after typing "nfs://192.168.1.3/home/shared". Weird thing is, DiskUtility says it has found the server and can connect to it. However, when I go to one of the mount points I setup in Disk Utility, no luck. I'm curious if there's special settings I would need to use/enable on the Linux box.

I know that my MacBook Pro can connect to the server because I also run a Minecraft server on my NFS server. I can connect to that without any problems :/

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
If mrplow's suggestion doesn't work, try using a symbolic link instead of an alias. The BSD subsystem of OS X doesn't recognize aliases, but symlinks it does. Finder thinks they are the same thing.
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sw...mac-ssd-iphones-ipads-backup.html#post1234677

Also try putting your NFS folder in the root directory. Maybe there's some permissions issues going on with your home folder. You should also try repairing permissions.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I need a username and password to get access to that website.

Nevermind, I've solved it!!!

Turns out I needed to add "insecure" to my "/etc/exports" file. :D

Well now THAT is odd. No password was needed when I first found it, but now I do need one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.