Error Message Pertaining to Network Drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 15" 2.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 8GB RAM
Hello Members,

Recently my two network storage drives died and the same were replaced with a large capacity network storage. Since upgrading my network drive my macbook does work with it very well however whenever I start my MBP, it looks for two older drives and I get the message. (Please see attachment)

The message also appears couple of times whenever I start my browser (Chrome). I tried searching the forum but was not able to get any insight on how to fix this issue.

It is getting annoying that every time I start my MBP, I have to press 6 to 8 times to clear this error message. Kindly note I have OS X 10.7.3 installed on my MBP.

I look forward to hear from you in resolving this problem.

Cheers.

Screen-Shot-Small.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If you open Finder - cmd+K and enter the IP address of the drive, does it connect ok?

OP
zahidhafeez
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you open Finder - cmd+K and enter the IP address of the drive, does it connect ok?

I used to have these network drives but both died. I want to remove these error messages as it is annoying as I have to press 6 to 8 times to clear this error message. (OS X 10.7.3).

Please help.....

Zahid Hafeez

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Sorry misunderstood the issue.

You must have a piece of software/script/alias trying to access the old drives.

Have a look at your login items, also delete and re-install chrome.

OP
zahidhafeez
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Mrplow....

I fixed the issue by playing around and found the way to fix it, listed below......

System preferences > Users and groups > Login options.

Removing the names of the drives which died sometime back (as those were still listed there).

Voila ..... everything back to normal......no need to reinstall anything......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So it was in your login items - score ;)

Thanks for posting back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.