• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Create an account? To unsubscribe?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I got some spam from ACDSys, the makers of ACDSee. How I got on their list, I have no idea, but in order to get OFF their mailing list, you have you create an account first. Here, check it out:

acdID - Login

To unsubscribe your email address please create an acdID account, or log in to your account if you already have one, and then uncheck the "SendNews" checkbox.

Am I being unreasonable in thinking that is wholly unacceptable?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
why not contact them directly?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Am I being unreasonable in thinking that is wholly unacceptable?

I've run into this before with other "junk" emails that I've received because my address was shared. No, you're not being unreasonable and yes, it's unacceptable in my judgement too.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
To be honest, I'd be pretty frustrated with this and I'd report it as spam. That's just me though.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I find that irritating as well. I mean, it's not like it's that hard to simply set up a mechanism to remove a single email address from a database.

I think I got the same spam from them - I still find their "deal" laughable. Not that ACDSee isn't a very good product - it's just that there are very similar products from other vendors that are a 1/3 of the price.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini Server 4,1 (2.66GHz Core2Duo CPU, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD), iPhone SE 2nd gen (128GB)
Are they sending all this junk from the same email address, or does it change each time? If it doesn't you can just block it and they can send as much drej as they like...

In answer to your question; absolutely, it's ridiculously unacceptable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
You can elect to not receive any further notices from ACD, either by 1) unsubscribing directly to any e-mail you receive, or 2) by logging into your account with ACD where you can unsubscribe or change your preferences. (You can log-in to the preference center once you have submitted your e-mail address to ACD and it has been processed.)

That makes it sound like the emails have a Unsubscribe link somewhere, probably at the bottom?
You can also try sending reply email with Unsubscribe in the topic. I know about one mailing list that allows you unsubscribe like that.

/my2cents ;)

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
That makes it sound like the emails have a Unsubscribe link somewhere, probably at the bottom?
You can also try sending reply email with Unsubscribe in the topic. I know about one mailing list that allows you unsubscribe like that.

Nah, the "unsubscribe" link in the email takes me to that page. It's incredibly stupid, and I emailed them back making my feelings extremely clear. I did manage to not curse though. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.