xcode error: clang++ failed with exit code 1

Reaction score
hi, im working on compiling a tweak for my iphone but when i build it in xcode i get this error

Ld /Users/Developer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloSnippet-dqxzbinypzydywglkzdboezaruos/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/HelloSnippet.assistantExtension/HelloSnippet normal armv7
cd /Users/Developer/Downloads/HelloSnippet-1
setenv IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 4.3
setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/clang++ -arch armv7 -bundle -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk -L/Users/Developer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloSnippet-dqxzbinypzydywglkzdboezaruos/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos -F/Users/Developer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloSnippet-dqxzbinypzydywglkzdboezaruos/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos -F/Users/kexik/lith/dyld_decache/libraries/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks -filelist /Users/Developer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloSnippet-dqxzbinypzydywglkzdboezaruos/Build/Intermediates/HelloSnippet.build/Debug-iphoneos/HelloSnippet.build/Objects-normal/armv7/HelloSnippet.LinkFileList -dead_strip -miphoneos-version-min=4.3 -framework AssistantUI -framework SAObjects -framework Foundation -framework UIKit -framework CoreFoundation -o /Users/Developer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloSnippet-dqxzbinypzydywglkzdboezaruos/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/HelloSnippet.assistantExtension/HelloSnippet

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-F/Users/kexik/lith/dyld_decache/libraries/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks'
ld: framework not found AssistantUI
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
Command /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/clang++ failed with exit code 1

please help

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I have no idea what's going on there (although it looks like you're missing a directory) but it would help if you posted the code causing the problems.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
hi, im working on compiling a tweak for my iphone but when i build it in xcode i get this error

Ld /Users/Developer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloSnippet-dqxzbinypzydywglkzdboezaruos/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/HelloSnippet.assistantExtension/HelloSnippet normal armv7
setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/clang++ -arch armv7 -bundle -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk -L/Users/Developer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloSnippet-dqxzbinypzydywglkzdboezaruos/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos -F/Users/Developer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloSnippet-dqxzbinypzydywglkzdboezaruos/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos -F/Users/kexik/lith/dyld_decache/libraries/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks -filelist /Users/Developer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloSnippet-dqxzbinypzydywglkzdboezaruos/Build/Intermediates/HelloSnippet.build/Debug-iphoneos/HelloSnippet.build/Objects-normal/armv7/HelloSnippet.LinkFileList -dead_strip -miphoneos-version-min=4.3 -framework AssistantUI -framework SAObjects -framework Foundation -framework UIKit -framework CoreFoundation -o /Users/Developer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloSnippet-dqxzbinypzydywglkzdboezaruos/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/HelloSnippet.assistantExtension/HelloSnippet

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-F/Users/kexik/lith/dyld_decache/libraries/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks'
ld: framework not found AssistantUI
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
Command /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/clang++ failed with exit code 1

please help

Is your username "kexik"? And do you have a PrivateFrameworks directory like the one I highlighted in red above? If not, that's your problem..

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Is your username "kexik"? And do you have a PrivateFrameworks directory like the one I highlighted in red above? If not, that's your problem..
I saw that too and thought that might be the issue. The PrivateFrameworks are located in /System/Library and not in the user directory.

OP
W
Reaction score
k so i thought i had changed it to the right directory but then i got this

/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/clang++ -arch armv7 -bundle -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk -L/Users/Developer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloSnippet-dqxzbinypzydywglkzdboezaruos/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos -F/Users/Developer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloSnippet-dqxzbinypzydywglkzdboezaruos/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos -F/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator4.3.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks -filelist /Users/Developer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloSnippet-dqxzbinypzydywglkzdboezaruos/Build/Intermediates/HelloSnippet.build/Debug-iphoneos/HelloSnippet.build/Objects-normal/armv7/HelloSnippet.LinkFileList -dead_strip -miphoneos-version-min=4.3 -framework CoreFoundation -framework UIKit -framework AssistantUI -framework SAObjects -framework Foundation -o /Users/Developer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloSnippet-dqxzbinypzydywglkzdboezaruos/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/HelloSnippet.assistantExtension/HelloSnippet

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think you've missed part of the error message - there doesn't appear to be much wrong there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.