Not a hipster... MBP worth the money? =)

Reaction score
That's a little ridiculous. iTunes on Windows is terrible compared to the OS X version (the same goes for Safari) and iCloud, as a cloud system baked into OS X, is much better intergrated than the Windows version. I also fail to see how iOS devices work better with Windows. I'm not going to argue that it's magnitudes better on the Mac but how does Windows handle USB syncing "just as good if not better"? Care to elaborate on how this is so?

I have found Safari to run less efficiently on my WIndows machine but have had no issues with Itunes. I see no diffference in performance compared to running Itunes on my Macbook. I have been using Itunes on the PC for five years and it works just as seamlessly as it does on the Macbook. Synching to my Ipod or Ipad offers the same performance. Operationaly, I notice no practical differences. I don't use Icloud, however so can't comment on that.

Reaction score
Where in my post did I say anything about Safari? I didn't even mention it.

I don't know anyone that would run Safari on a PC as there are at least 3 better browsers for that platform.

IE, Chrome and Firefox.
Chrome being my main browser on all platforms. Windows, OS X and Linux.

Reaction score
I tried running Safari on my PC but it is too slow and prone to quirks when run on a windows machine. I prefer Safari on the Macbook. On the PC it is crap.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I don't care to reply to your questions.

Thanks.
Why not? You made some interesting claims about the performance of Windows, on a Mac forum, with no evidence to back them up. I don't think asking for some justification is too much to ask.

Your reticence suggests that you don't have any answers, which makes me think you're just trying to troll us.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You are correct - it is my prerogative just as much as it is yours. However, it would be nice to hear some justification. However, you can't just walk into a discussion, make a baseless argument and refuse to support it. Is there any reason you don't want to justify your position?

Reaction score
They are not baseless. They are my personal experience which I don't have to justify to you or anyone else.

Thanks.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
They are not baseless. They are my personal experience which I don't have to justify to you or anyone else.

Thanks.

You also don't have to share them, but normally in conversations when someone offers opinions based on their experience they are willing to elucidate . . . It is usually the basis for informed discussion and differentiates it from uniformed ranting.

Reaction score
I don't care to have a conversion on it.
One reason I did not care for the tone of the posts by VanSmith. So I see no reason to reply to those type posts.

I have no doubt ruffled some feathers in the Mac community about the Mac Experience.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You've misread my posts - they were not confrontational or combative in any way. I simply asked for some justification which is more than warranted when you make claims about some products with little to no elaboration. You can't walk into the middle of a Coca Cola factory and yell "Pepsi rules!" without expecting someone to question your assertion.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
You've misread my posts - they were not confrontational or combative in any way. I simply asked for some justification which is more than warranted when you make claims about some products with little to no elaboration. You can't walk into the middle of a Coca Cola factory and yell "Pepsi rules!" without expecting someone to question your assertion.

;P
I hate Pepsi!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thankfully, I don't own a Coca Cola factory or you'd have some 'splaining to do. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.