iPhone wont charge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro, 2.66 GHz Intel Core, Mac OS X Lion NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 2 Duo,
Ive read several how tos around the internet to correcting the problem.. home and power button, switching mute on and off than home and power.. restoring..

but theres a minor detail nobody seems to include or my cases is just rare. It shows that its charging, but it does not. the percentage never goes up. and if I unplug it it goes dead because the batteries drained.

Ive tried multiple chargers and charging methods, usb, ac, different cables..

I get all charging indicators but without a charge. I have a replacement battery on the way. But I'm hoping I can get a reply with a solution so I can return this battery if need be.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
has it been in contact with water at any point?

OP
jayluna
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro, 2.66 GHz Intel Core, Mac OS X Lion NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 2 Duo,
has it been in contact with water at any point?

About 2 months ago. It wasn't till this morning I noticed the phone low on battery do I went to charge it and when I went back I noticed it wasn't charging.. I have a replacement on te way I just really would like to understand how for informational purposes. I know that when any electronic comes in contact with water it's all up in the air. Just feel like there could e something else.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
It can take a while for water damage to really come into play. Sometimes you can be going along for six months before something arises - its all just luck really, not alot you can do about it.

I'd be willing to bet the power circuitry has been damaged by the water at some point, and gradually has degraded into the issue youre seeing now.

OP
jayluna
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
NoooooooooooOo. Haha

I was able to get a battery from another water damaged iPhone we had sitting as a paperweight. cleaned it up real well and got it working at least until I get my replacement in the mail.

Thanks for your quick replies!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.