USB to reboot a Macbook Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm new to the community I would like to say hello and thanks for helping!

Now let me explain what I would like to do. Basically i have a .dmg (image) file of snow leapord on a macbook pro and I would like to use my 8 gigbyte usb flash drive to reboot the mac. I was wondering if this was possible because i'm sorta new to the mac's cause on pc its fairly simple. If anyone can give me some tips on this that would be awesome. Also when I double-click on the actual .dmg it tell's me to mount it onto a DVD-CD then attempt to the only problem is, is that I don't have a cd that stores 6.6 gigs So if anyone could help me out with this matter that would be awesome thanks again guys.

P.S: I will be checking back on this thread in about 2 hours, I got class :s Thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Got a better idea ~ use the Snow Leopard disc to boot from. You do have the disc one imagines?

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you, I litterally have the .dmg file on my laptop I had it on a usb and transfered it over to the actual laptop, so now I was wondering if whether I can actually boot the mac with that usb through disk utilities or something, Honestly I'm doing a favor for a friend so im not too familiar with how the mac works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well if you do not have the disc that is illegal so I guess you will get little help here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.