Positive Experience with Backblaze

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
Based off recommendations on this forum, I decided to try Backblaze to backup files on my MBP. It took about 10 days to get all the files backed up.

On the last day of my free trial, I accidentally saved a file without giving it a new name. I lost several hours of homework and was quite ticked off.

Then, I remembered I had backed up info on Backblaze. I went to their website and downloaded the original file which was backed up. In 5-6 minutes I had my original file back safe, and sound.

I decided I'm now a supporter of Backblaze, especially at $4-5 bucks a month.

Thanks for the recommendation guys!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hi Leiyah:

Don't forget that Time Machine is free and would have provided you with the same protection that Backblaze did. Also, what if your internet connection is down and you need that file right away?

OP
Leiyah
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
Doesn't Time Machine double the amount of space used on your HD? That is, if I currently have 250G of data, wouldn't Time Machine use an additional 250G of "backup storage" ??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.