What are some good GPS/Navigation apps for the iPhone 4S?

Reaction score
Hi. Can anyone tell me some good GPS apps for the iPhone 4S? It doesn't matter if they're free or cost. I just need a really good one. Thanks. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
The MotionX GPS and MotionX GPS Drive are the 2 I use the most.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
What is your location?
I like the Motion apps too.
MotionX® | MotionX News » MotionX-GPS

I ended up getting the tom tom app when it went on sale.
App Store - TomTom U.S. & Canada
I like it as it has lane assist, smart announcing, and an upgrade for traffic.

I know I've seen Europeans say there are better programs for them vs the American programs that I have used/recommended.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
MotionX GPS drive does have turn by turn but it is a $9.99/year add on. It is one of the reasons I went with the more expensive Tom Tom. As I said I got it on sale for $40 - so that is why I went with it. Also you can use Appshopper to monitor prices of apps.
App Shopper: TomTom U.S. & Canada (Navigation)
There is a iphone and ipad app which will notify you when an app changes (has an update, price increase, price decrease)
App Store - AppShopper

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Keep in mind, there are 2 Motion X apps.

MotionX GPS - this one is not meant for turn-by-turn, but for simple GPS uses - I use it geocaching.

MotionX GPS Drive - separate app. Turn by turn directions. you still get all the functionality of turn by turn for free, you only pay for the voice part. I dont use the voice part, so it doesnt matter how much it costs.

OP
MacBoi
Reaction score
MotionX GPS drive does have turn by turn but it is a $9.99/year add on. It is one of the reasons I went with the more expensive Tom Tom. As I said I got it on sale for $40 - so that is why I went with it. Also you can use Appshopper to monitor prices of apps.
App Shopper: TomTom U.S. & Canada (Navigation)
There is a iphone and ipad app which will notify you when an app changes (has an update, price increase, price decrease)
App Store - AppShopper

Thanks. I bought TomTom and it seems to be exactly what i'm looking for. And thanks to everyone else for your suggestions. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.