new to mac can u change internet page style?

Reaction score
hello i reall miss how windows looked while using the internet is there a way to get the windows look on mac osx? i don't care for what it is now. and theres no favorites tab at top of screen not that its a big deal with book marks but i don't like how u have to put everything on bookmarks toolbar or go searching for it all instead of the old drop down box. and having to go through all that do go through different favorites folders were on windows is i had a stocks fold goto favorites bar and my folder stocks emails etc would be there with all saved links. thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I guess you want Safari to look like IE? As for the "Favorites", that's easy. Just create a folder and name it "Favorites" and place all your book marks in that folder and then sort them in sub folders according to the way you had them in IE.

Or even easier.... just export your bookmarks from IE and import them to Safari. The Favorites folder will be created when you import. You might also want to give Google Chrome a try. It's more configurable than Safari and imports bookmarks with better accuracy from IE.

C

chas_m

i don't care for what it is now. and theres no favorites tab at top of screen not that its a big deal with book marks but i don't like how u have to put everything on bookmarks toolbar

No you don't. Indeed, that's a terrible idea and nobody (certainly not Apple) recommends that you do that.

Click on the icon in the bookmarks bar that looks like a two-page spread. That's your bookmark management area. You'll notice there's a bookmarks BAR and a bookmarks MENU. The menu behaves EXACTLY the way "favorites" did. Just drag bookmarks you want in a drop down list into "bookmarks menu" instead of "bookmarks bar" and leave the bar for just the five to 10 sites you want one-click access to. Everything else can go into the "bookmarks menu."

The bookmarks menu is normally accessible from the "Bookmarks" item in the top menubar when running Safari or whatever.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.