Please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" i5 Macbook Pro
ok, so my iPod touch screen was getting grungy with fingerprints and u know what i mean. so i used paper towels, wet first then wiped it dry. but that gave it slight scratches, so stupid me decided to use CLEAN toilet paper that's wet to clean the screen and the little stands came off so i used paper towel again and then the sratches became visible and it looks terrible! and the back looks even worse!!! anything would be helpful!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
ok, so my iPod touch screen was getting grungy with fingerprints and u know what i mean. so i used paper towels, wet first then wiped it dry. but that gave it slight scratches, so stupid me decided to use CLEAN toilet paper that's wet to clean the screen and the little stands came off so i used paper towel again and then the sratches became visible and it looks terrible! and the back looks even worse!!! anything would be helpful!

I rather doubt that a paper towel gave it scratches. What I use is a lint-free cloth intended for computer screen and TV sets. If you use a cleaner, use something intended for computer/TV sets.. spray it on the cloth, not the iPod itself, then wipe it down. You can get a kit with the right cloth and cleaner at any electronics/computer shop.

OP
Random_Person
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" i5 Macbook Pro
I rather doubt that a paper towel gave it scratches. What I use is a lint-free cloth intended for computer screen and TV sets. If you use a cleaner, use something intended for computer/TV sets.. spray it on the cloth, not the iPod itself, then wipe it down. You can get a kit with the right cloth and cleaner at any electronics/computer shop.
i used the thick kind not so soft

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Random-Person,
It was likely that it was scratched before you cleaned it. Cleaning off the finger grease patina has exposed the scratches. Paper towel/tissues particularly kitchen roll have small particles of wood chip and pulp in them which can act as abrasive on polished surfaces etc. Get a kit as lifeisabeach suggests and polish them out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Sodium Bicarb very sparingly with water and a lint free cloth (scrap of an old comfy tee shirt).
Mer Car polish and a cloth as above
Very mild toothpaste and a cloth as above

Any of these will polish clear acrylic and similar surfaces to the iPod to a fine detail but do not overdo it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.