Airport Extreme UPNP ????

Reaction score
I have a Netgear NEO 550 connected to my Airport Extreme via Ethernet but its not working i think because my Airport is not UPNP enabled...

Can any one assist with a work around for this please ???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
What is not working.

"it" does not help.

OP
R
Reaction score
Yes not working...I can see the NEO in the Mac Finder but thats it ,,Cant access anything via Neo tv was told Airport extreme not UPNP supported and might be a workaroiund

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
What are you trying to access?

Where's the media that the NEO is trying to access?

OP
R
Reaction score
I want to access online media and content from my MBP harddrive on my TV via my NEO...
Currently my NEO is isolated and can acsess nothing...It works fine as a unit set up no problem channels appear browse option settings etc but no access to anything vie the NEO...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have you shared out the folder contains your media on your Mac?

Once you have you need to go into the media locations menu on your Neo and browse to the folder on you Mac

OP
R
Reaction score
Neo

Once you have you need to go into the media locations menu on your Neo and browse to the folder on you Mac

Thats just it...Mac sees NEO NEO does not see MAC...Browse files nothing but NEO stuff and no net access so no content just channels ..Click on these and get no Net access .....

OP
R
Reaction score

Sounds like i may have missed a very small yet very important step in the process...

How do you share out the folder....I have a shared folder apear in the finder window of the mac whn i click NEO550...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
R
Reaction score
aaarrrggghh

Hi ...Still no luck scan for media finds nothing made folder share no prob...

See image scan finds nothing checked shared folder etc ...I need i think to hack my airport extreme as its not upnp This is all i can think of

I can not access web channels via NEO either nothing gets past the router

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you can 'see'/browse to the shared folder from your Neo. But the Neo doesn't find any media then that's a Neo issue not the router. If the router wasn't allowing a connection between the Neo and your Mac you would see the Mac's folder at all.
What sort of files are in there?

The web channels (not quite sure what these are) presumably pull content across the web. This could well be router config. I'll try and find the ports required by the Neo.

OP
R
Reaction score
If you can 'see'/browse to the shared folder from your Neo. But the Neo doesn't find any media then that's a Neo issue not the router. If the router wasn't allowing a connection between the Neo and your Mac you would see the Mac's folder at all.
What sort of files are in there?

The web channels (not quite sure what these are) presumably pull content across the web. This could well be router config. I'll try and find the ports required by the Neo.

MRPLOW i found something in Mac Communities that may help but i don't know where it is...The advice was as follows >>>> Under Internet Tab select NAT > tick box > enable NSAT Portmapping Protocol...

Where do i find this Internet Tab ????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
R
Reaction score
ok i am getting close now i can feel it.....I have enabled DHCP & NAT Port mapping protocol under airport utility > internet....
This will {as i understand it } allow me to make the required changes you have specified...

Wish me luck will check in and let you know how i went

OP
R
Reaction score
Ok another snag....Under page 59 it states that in prefernces > sharing i should enable windows sharing but this is not an option..I have enabled SMB windows sharing i assume this is the one...
Also where do i go exactly to enable port access TCP and UDP ?
Also it states turn firewall off i assume make changes as TCP and UDP ports and then do i turn firewall back on ????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes SMB that's it.

Watch the you tube video for details about tcp and udp setting

OP
R
Reaction score
OP
R
Reaction score
Me AGAIN...I am getting closer i have the utility open ready to input TCP and UDP numbers but it asks for me to select a description drop box offers ,,,,Personal File sharing ,Windows sharing , personal web sharing , remote login ssf or FTP ...Whicjh one to choose and also i assume my firewall is off during this ????
If so do i turn it back on after ???

Thanks for all your help

OP
R
Reaction score
Ok so now i am getting a conflict with port number message saying turn off file sharing or choose different port number....Did that still got conflict message

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.