Confused about 64 vs 32 bit Windows

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to purchase either Windows 7 professional or Windows 7 Ultimate at a discounted price. Either version would cost me the same.

I am confused about which one I should get.

I used to run Windows via Virtual Box but would go Bootcamp if necessary. I need Windows to run Tunebite, MS Office and some of Sony's dictaphone software.

I have a MBP, 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo with 8 GB of RAM.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you can get the Ultimate version at the same price, buy it. Use the 64 bit version rather than 32 bit as the 64 bit version will allow use of all your installed memory. 32 bit Windows (any version) will only use approximately 3.6 GB of installed memory.

Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend you bootcamp. IMO is much better to run windows through VMware Fusion. That way, you don't have to give away all that space on your HDD just to have windows installed. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.