Can Time Capsule connect to my Macbook Pro via USB/without Wifi?

Reaction score
Hi there,

I recently filled-up my Macbook Pro and wanted a large external drive on which to keep all the data.

I know Time Capsule is primarily intended as the back-up device for Time Machine, but I read that it could be used for NAS too. So I bought one, and that's what I'm now using it for.

The thing that attracted me to Time Capsule was that it worked wirelessly, but I also hoped that (should the Wifi go down in my apartment, or if I found myself somewhere without Wifi) I would also be able to connect it to my Macbook using USB.

From what I have been reading, it now looks like I was wrong about this.

Can someone please confirm whether the Time Capsule can connect to my Macbook using USB (or any other type of cable?) or is it a Wifi only affair? Perhaps there's a clever way of hacking the Time Capsule so it will do what I want?

Any info would be appreciated. (I'm using Snow Leopard, by the way.)

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You can't connect it by USB but you can connect it by ethernet cable

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.