1 itunes acc, 2 iphones, 1 icloud acc.......confusion!!!

Reaction score
hi, new to this page so be gentle;D

Right, i have 1 itunes account (with the same apple ID and icloud ID) with 2 iphones, 1 of which is my fiances. The problem is that they both share the same account and since updating both phone now have the same address book. The biggest problem is the fact that we both also receive each others friends messages and her photos appear in my 'photo stream' album which is obviously not ideal. Also the same is happening for our wattsapp.

Do we need to have separate itunes accounts? Any help would be greatly appreciated as im getting so confused at the minute, surely other couples have 1 macbook and 2 iphones??!!!

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You can have one iTunes account Apple ID for purchasing etc.

But you can also have an AppleID for iCloud on each phone.

This way your iCloud elements (backup, calendar, contacts, photo stream etc) remain separate but you can share the purchased music, video, apps etc

OP
O
Reaction score
ive done as suggested and photos, contact etc stay seperate now BUT were still having the issue where whenever friends text 1 of us, both iphones are receiving the same message even though its only meant for one of us. again any help would be great, frustrating!!!

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
On each phone go to
Settings
Make sure the Apple ID is the iCloud Apple ID for that phone and that the Phone and Email is the right one for that phone/person

then go back to the Messages page and toggle iMessages Off, then on again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.