USB speaker problem

Reaction score
Hi all. I've searched and searched but haven't found a solution yet. I have a pair of M1Active 320USB speakers that all of the sudden have a horrible static sound. Occasionally they will just quit out of the blue. When I plug them into my windows laptop they sound great like they did in the past. I switched out the usb cable and have tried all usb ports on my mac. There is a headphone jack on the front and when I plug into that it still sounds horrible. When I unplug the speakers and use the built in speakers it sounds fine (for built in speakers). I'm not sure what else to try. Anyone else experience this? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hello timd.

You don't supply your Mac specs but I'm assuming that your machine is a 'book' of some sort with the way you describe things.

There is an excellent sticky for resolving common problems here.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/93819-basic-os-x-mac-troubleshooting.html

Number 7 & 8 may help particularly, along with some of the other relevant 'housekeeping' advice.

USB ports can 'just 'fall over' from time to time and it might be that yours needs resetting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.