iTunes on multiple computers, Apple TV, and an iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Two questions:

1) I thought I had read that I can copy media from the home share "master" to the local machine (like movies I want to watch on the road) but can't find that site again and can't seem to figure it out.
Once you've setup Homesharing (as per the link above), you'll see the name of the PC library in the sidebar on the left in iTunes on your Mac.
Click on that PC library name and give it a moment to retrieve the information.
Now you'll have a small arrow next to the PC library name, click this and you'll see all the different types of media that have been shared (movies, musics, books, apps etc).
Click on Movies (for example) and the right-hand pane will list all the shared movies.
To add them to your Mac library just select the ones you want and drag and drop them into your movies folder (top-left in iTunes).
This will start the copy process - the speed of which depends on how much stuff you're copying across and the performance of your network
2) How do I stop my iPhone from connecting the the laptop? I connected it to the PC and it sync'ed ok to my original library, but as soon as that sync was over it started another sync with my MBP. Don't want that...

Thanks!
I'm guessing you're using wi-fi sync?
Open iTunes on your Mac.
Select your iPhone in the iTunes sidebar.
Untick the 'sync this iPhone over wifi'
apply

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.