2008 MBP vs Mac Air 13"

Reaction score
Hi all

I've currently got a 2008 (first gen unibody) 2.53 Core 2 Duo and 4GB RAM.

No i accept that with the 13" Air it isn't going to be as good in terms of graphics because it only has an integrated graphics card but in terms of everything else how is the Macbook Air going to compare if i got for the 13" i5 1.7GHz or 1.8 GHz 1.7.

Also how much difference is there in terms of performance between the i5 and i7 and also how much difference in terms of battery life?

Thanks.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
350 views and no input:eek:

Guess how much internet research could have been done in the 61 minutes between your posts??;)

Everything you asked is pretty much fact/statistics/numbers based...thus very "findable" via the internet...in fact the battery life question can be found simply via the Apple specs for each computer.

Also..."350 views" does not necessarily mean the views were from "people"...could be from search engines, bots, etc....and/or could be views from non-registered members viewing Mac-Forums.

Have some patience...or let your "fingers do the walking".:)

- Nick

p.s. I'll give you a "head-start"...here's a link to a Macintosh benchmarks site:

http://www.primatelabs.ca/geekbench/mac-benchmarks/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.