G3 Processor Upgrade

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
JDann24 said:
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I just recently purchased an old Blue and White G3 tower with a sluggish 350mhz processor. I was wondering if anybody has any expeirance using one of these :http://eshop.macsales.com/item/PowerLogix/PFZGX10001M/

Thanks
Jon

I don't have any personal experience with it, but it will certainly provide a healthy boost in performance, and PowerLogix is one of the major brands as far as Mac CPU upgrades. If you have the budget, you may want to look into the Sonnet G4 1GHz upgrade, which is a little more expensive, but will allow support for AltiVec. Whichever upgrade you chose though, you will have a nice improvement.

OP
JDann24
Reaction score
How do you install these? Where is the Ziff socket. Sorry guys, but I'm very new to macs and these questions sound really stupid, but I need to know.

Thanks,
Jon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
JDann24 said:
How do you install these? Where is the Ziff socket. Sorry guys, but I'm very new to macs and these questions sound really stupid, but I need to know.

Thanks,
Jon
Open the side panel. remove the heatsink clips. lift the handle. remove the processor card. and now you are looking at a zif socket.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.