Trouble using ISO files.. HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First post in forum, here it goes:

I really want to learn how to speak Polish so I could communicate better with my girlfriends family. But being that I am cheap, instead of purchasing Rosetta Stone like a normal person, I downloaded it via torrent. Alright, I get the file, do some research & supposedly using an ISO file on a mac is as easy as mounting it using disk utility. So I do just that. I mount the file & burn it to a CD (with disk utility), pop the CD in & nothing. Burned it on a DVD, pop the DVD in & nothing. Instead of a usable program, what I get is a list of the files. Ok, so then I think "Hmmm maybe theres something wrong with the ISO file itself". Alright so I downloaded the full program with all 3 levels, 1GB. Same thing happens!

So I give up the the burning a disk idea. Tried opening the files with DVDplayer, Front Row & VMware... no luck. My last idea was to download Windows 7, run it in VMware & run the program using Deamon Tools..

More info on my mac: its a 2010 Mac Mini running latest version of Lion. & i have the latest VMware fusion 4..
ScreenShot2012-02-19at25523PM.png

Sorry about the quality of the screen shot, I have my mac connected to a 50in screen.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
No help with pirated software or illegal activity of any kind on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.