Dell v515 Wireless Printer Mystery?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2011, 2.53 I5, 600gb Intel SSD, 8g ram, OS 10.8.2, 27" Display
Hey,

I got this printer from a friend who has a late 2011 MBA running Lion 10.7.2.
We demo'd the printer for me and was working perfect thru his wi-fi network so I picked it up for next to nothing.

Make a long story short, came home with it and found out the drivers are only available up to 10.6.

I have already updated to 10.7.3 on my MBP 15

Tried to load the available drivers and got the message this software is not compatible with this OS.

So here's the mystery, how was it working on his network with his MBA running 10.7.2 ?

I asked my friend how he set it up, and being that he is a total NOOB worse than me, he has no clue. He said it just worked after a few days. I find that hard to believe, but yet it happened.

Could the update be preventing the install? Or did he just have some stroke of major luck?

TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
OP
VetteTec
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2011, 2.53 I5, 600gb Intel SSD, 8g ram, OS 10.8.2, 27" Display
Thanks harry. Found that the lexmark s405 is pretty much the exact same printer. I downloaded the drivers, Lexmark had the 10.7 drivers, went thru the "set up assistant", step by step and got stuck midway. It would not recognize the dell printer and go on with the install.
Is there a step I'm missing?

Any suggestions?

TIA

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.