Urgent.... Help Please!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13.3" OS X 10.10
I have a real strange problem that I would value some help solving, any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!

On my iPod Touch4 32gb., a few selected tracks don't play; ignoring the selected track and moving on to the next one; this has suddenly started happening, since my latest sync with iTunes. (The same problem (same tracks) also occurs since my last sync, on my iPhone4 too).

The tracks play correctly in iTunes on my MacBook, so I have tried deleting and re-installing the tracks/albumto the iPod, unsuccessfully!
(All the hardware have the latest updates)

I have also deleted and re-installed the whole of my music library but this continues to happen to the same few tracks.

As this is happening to both iPod and iPhone I presume the problem lies with the syncing or software, but I could use some help and advice on what to try next.

As I said, any help would be greatly appreciated as I rely on the tracks for my job.

Thank You...........Brian

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've seen this kind of a situation before - and unfortunately, it was corruption in the library. This article has specific steps to rebuild the library and playlists:

iTunes: How to re-create your iTunes library and playlists

That would be what I'd try - but make sure you've got good backups before you start.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13.3" OS X 10.10
Solved!!

I've seen this kind of a situation before - and unfortunately, it was corruption in the library. This article has specific steps to rebuild the library and playlists:

iTunes: How to re-create your iTunes library and playlists

That would be what I'd try - but make sure you've got good backups before you start.

Cheers cwa107, thanks for taking the time to reply.

I have solved the problem, this is what I did (simple version of the instructions contained in your link); I hope it might help someone else; (but, you must have a backup of music on an external drive or TM).

1. Delete the album concerned from iTunes and also from my iTunes library folder, (User/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/).
2. Copy/Pasted the album concerned from my backup location, back into the above folder.
3. Re-installed the album in to iTunes using the "add to library" tab.
4. Re-synced iTunes with my iPod & iPhone..............all working okay!!

Brian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.