What should I clean my iMac with (and more)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
Hello all,

What should I clean my iMac monitor with? I am using Staples Screen Cleaning Spray but it leave a sort of film on the monitor. I want it to look as good as it looks in the Apple Store. What should I wipe it with as well?

I'm still getting the Flash on my iMac monitor but sharper in Safair. Then it went away.

Can I extend my Apple Care after my Apple Care runs out?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Hello all,

What should I clean my iMac monitor with? I am using Staples Screen Cleaning Spray but it leave a sort of film on the monitor. I want it to look as good as it looks in the Apple Store. What should I wipe it with as well?

I'm still getting the Flash on my iMac monitor but sharper in Safair. Then it went away.

I can only answer the last question. No, you cannot extend AppleCare.

EDIT: I made an assumption (probably incorrect) in reading your post that you were referring to the AppleCare extended warranty instead of the original warranty that came with your Mac. So, to amplify, if you are talking about extending your original warranty, yes you can extend by purchasing AppleCare and activating it within the first year.
If you are asking about extending the extended warranty beyond three years (which is what I thought you were asking) the answer is no.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hello all,

I have always used Spic n' Span Cinch for cleaning my monitors. It's by far the best product I've ever used for both computer equipment and general glass cleaning tasks. I use it with paper towels. Works great and is far more effective than some of the "boutique" screen cleaners I've tried.

Did someone forget to tell me that it's arbitrary statement day?

It depends. Your Mac comes with 1 year of Apple Care out of the box. You have until the end of that first year to extend to Apple Care out to 3 years. Once that's over, you're no longer able to extend the warranty coverage with Apple (although you can use other 3rd party services).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone 5, Apple TV
To clean my screens and stuff I use Omnicleanz from Radtech. I use high quality Microtex microfiber cloths. If you buy the cheap ones I find they don't wipe as cleanly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
To clean my Macs, I use a product called 'Applejuce' (no it not misspelled). Leaves no film and came with 2 clothes. one for the body and one for the monitor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.